This summer ditch the far off destinations and spare yourself from the excursion and instead head to experience summer like never before at these top 5 places near Delhi. Travel at ease and to picturesque locations. North India has been boasting of housing many striking locations and has always been perfect for summer holiday planners.
Let’s dwell in depth as to what can be experienced at these destinations and what each place has to offer. Each known for its magic spell to the eyes, are a great investment.
- Rishikesh– The place proudly boasting of the holy Ganges in Uttarakhand is just a 4- 5 Hour drive away from the Delhi Highway. Situated at the Himalayas, the pilgrimage for Hindus also shelters many holy ashrams and shrines and gives you the perfect vacation plus holy place visit feels. There are many resorts near delhi ncr that will make you feel wow and you would like to visit them again on your next trip to Rishikesh.
Major attractions and places for tourists in summer are their famous river rafting thrills. And if you do have a thing for camping, this place can shield you under the stars and give wondrous camping experience!
Fun facts: Rishikesh being the7th largest Indian city welcomed the Beatles, late in the ‘60’s who rocked the ashram up with their presence.
- Mussoorie–This place needs no introduction! A favorite since ages for the travelers, the place offers a magnificent view from its hills and has been known for the soothing aura and fresh smell of the breeze. You can book your summer packages near Delhi and enjoy your holiday!
Are you filled with powerhouse and crave for adventure then this place is for you with thrilling activities such as paragliding, trekking, and this place offers ample options for the adventure hungry soul in you.
The place also surfs best for the honeymooners, if you are just married and heading for honeymoon destination this summer, the hill has an aura of love.
Fun facts: Known as the first free wifi hill station, the name this hill station owns has been derived from Mansoor, which is indigenous shrub primordial at the region, has also been favorite holiday destination of the Nehru family.
- Kasauni– This lovely hill station, situation right at Uttarakhand is known for the scenic splendor it offers. If you are a traveler looking for some peace from the rushes of the city and daily life, this is a perfect place to get lost in thoughts and enter a transient state. The place with panoramic views and freshness of mountains is less explored but most cherished. You can find many summer packages near Delhi to Kasauni and enjoy your holiday.
Fun facts: Did you know that Mahatma Gandhi termed this place as the Switzerland of India? He often spent his time at the place writing his poetries.
- Dhanaulti – If you are looking at heading to Musoorie you could stop to pay a visit to this
And if you are one of the rare travelers who look at offbeat destinations, then you made a lovely choice! Nature lovers would love the calmness of the environment and head to two Eco parks the place boasts of, Dhara and Amber. You could also check out the hilly forests of Rhododendron, Deodar and Oak.
The place also offers various facilities in adventure sports for visitors. One could explore riding horses or walking over the Burma bridges. You stop by to shop from the Himalayan weavers and visit the AalooKhet (Potato farm) which is a popular sun rise spot. You will have gala time here and can even find this hill stations near Delhi.
Fun Facts: The Uttarakhand Forest Department has been taken care by the local youth who support as Gardeners, guides, Ticket Collectors, Service providers, Information Providers etc. You could stop and pay a visit to the Eco Park to witness the same!
- Jim Corbett–A visit to this exotic place has been in the bucket list of many. This summer tell stories of witnessing the grandeur of this place by exploring the hidden treasures!
Summer is the best time they say to visit the place. The wildlife and nature lovers could treat their eyes with the best from the animal and flora kingdom. And the adventure seeking ones could explore river rafting and look at a chance meet with the famous bird species and the endangered animals the place is known to be sheltering with.
Camping at the well acquainted resorts is another experience altogether. It is always fun to visit with a large group or even solo to breathe in the beautiful majestic view of the place. The best time to visit this place in summer is definitely between March to mid June. This makes the most beautiful hill stations near Delhi.
Fun Facts: Not just a park, but a tiger reserve as it is essentially connected with Project Tiger. This place initiated a project primarily to safe guard the famous Indian Bengal Tiger. You can enjoy also Camping in Dhanaulti.